Moroccan Fish & Chips
Spice up an old classic recipe!
Our Moroccan Fish & Chips takes this classic to the next level!
Try it at home today, thanks to Australian Woman’s Weekly!
Prep & cook time 1 hour. Serves 4.
- ¾ cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1kg (2 pounds) kumara (orange sweet potato), cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 200g (6½-ounce) firm white fish fillets
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, extra
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- Blend or process coriander, 2 tablespoons of the oil, juice, garlic and spices until smooth.
- Combine spice paste, stock and kumara in prepared dish. Roast 20 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, rind and remaining oil in a small bowl; season. Press mixture onto fish.
- Remove dish from oven. Place fish on top of kumara; roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until kumara is golden and fish is just cooked through. Stand 5 minutes before sprinkling with extra coriander. Serve with lemon cheeks, if you like.
Serving suggestion Serve with a cucumber and coriander (cilantro) salad.
Tip: You can use any firm white fish fillet you like. Blue-eye trevalla or thick snapper fillets would work well.
Find all your produce at Coles.