Apple Crumble Balls Plus Lunchbox Inspiration
March's lunchbox recipe from Sarah Moore Wellness includes a healthy sandwich and something you can make together: Apple Crumble Balls!
These nut free balls are the perfect lunchbox treat. They don't have any added sugar or oil and they hold together out of the fridge. They're also very easy to make, so get the kids involved in measuring the ingredients and rolling the balls!
In Your Lunchbox
- Tuna, mayo and sweetcorn sandwich
- Sliced cherry tomatoes and cheese
- Capsicum and cucumber sticks with sugar snap peas
- Natural yoghurt with chopped kiwi fruit
- Apple Crumble Balls
Apple Crumble Balls
Makes 18 teaspoon sized balls
- 1 cup dried apple slices
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add everything to a food processor or bullet blender.
- Blitz for 2-3 minutes or until everything is finely chopped, and the mixture suddenly comes together in a ball. If using a bullet mixer or blender, it will clump together but not form a ball*.
- Scoop a heaped teaspoon of mixture at a time and press it firmly into the palm of your hand to stick it together.
- Roll between the palms of your hands into balls until smooth and even.
* Some food processors and blenders need a little bit of liquid to get going. If the fruit isn't being finely chopped or the mixture isn't coming together, add a tablespoon of water and blitz again.